In order to offer our Website and Service, we process personal data. With the term personal data we refer to information that enables us to identify you as a person. This definition is in accordance with the Relevant Legislation.
We can store your data on different moments and stages, such as when you visit the Website or create an account, when you use our Service or when you contact us or another user of the Website. We are allowed to use and store your data because we have asked your permission through this Privacy Statement. Moreover we need your data to create and implement agreements on our platform. If you opt however to not share your data we are not able to offer our Service to you.
Moreover, we will not process your personal data (which would allow to identify you as as specific person) unless we are obliged by law to do so.
Which information do we collect and what for?
To use our Website and Service we need amongst others the following from you:
- Your name
- Your address details
- Your residence
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
- Your IP address
- Your bank account and payment information
- Your VAT and business information (when using our Website as a business)
- Your ID
We also collect some information that is non-personal such as:
- The name and version of the browser you use to visit our Website
- The operation system you use
- The service provider you use to access the internet
- Location of the browser and the type of device you use to access our Website
In your account we store the following: name, email, address, other (business) information and payment/bank data. This way you don't have to enter them multiple times. We also store - for the ease of use of your account - the data of previous transactions.
If you use social media functionalities on our site (e.g. to access the Website), it is possible that the supplier of these social media (in accordance to its policy) sends us information. This might include for example your name, profile picture, gender, list of friends or connections and other data you've agreed with when using this social media supplier. If you don't agree on this, then we recommend to modify your privacy settings with the corresponding social media account.
When visiting a webpage that uses these social media functionalities, your browser will send some information to the provider of your social media account. We can not control this transfer of information.
Gearbooker sends out newsletters. This way we keep you updated on new features, promotions and other news. This works with a opt-out system so you can stop receiving these mailings at any time you wish. In each newsletter you will be offered an unsubscribe possibility. This is however not possible with 'transactional' emails that we send you upon signing up for an account and participating in bookings/transactions. If you don't want to receive these anymore, we recommend you to stop using our Website.
Bookings / orders
In order to process your bookings / orders we need your name, address, email, payment / bank details and your ID. We will register, store and process your data for a proper execution or the booking. We can also use this information for a possible later booking. When processing your booking, we provide the suppliers on the Website with the necessary personal and contact details from you.
We will use your information only for the aforementioned purposes or for a purpose closely connected to this. This way your details will never be used in an unexpected manner. It might happen that a (premium) lister of one of your bookings will contact you once for a personal promotion. An opt-out option will be available here.
We will do our utmost to protect your personal data against loss, desctruction, usage, modification or sharing by any unauthorized party. This way, parties not involved in any of your transactions should not have access to your data. We take the following measures to do this:
- Encryption of digital files containing personal data
- Using secured network connections (SSL) of comparable technologies
- The access to your data is limited to authorized parties
- We have our personnel sign non-disclosure agreements.
We will not store your personal data longer than we need these for the aforementioned purposes. Your data will be stored as long as you have an account with us, because we are unable to offer you the Service without doing so. When you terminate your account, your data will be anonimized or deleted.
It might happen that parties other than the direct transaction parties (rental partners) receive (some of) your personal data. We sign Processor Agreements with these parties which obliges them to treat your data with respect to legislation. They will only receive data relevant to the purpose of the processing service they offer. These parties will use our data in accordance with the instructions we give them and not for their own purposes. We might share your information for example with Pay.nl, DSV Insurance, Transip and EDR. They will take care of storing and securing the data and executing relevant parts of our Service. These parties are 'Processors' in the sense of the relevant legislation.
We may process your data in the European Union and beyond. In case of the latter, we only process your data if the country has implemented an appropriate data security policy such as the EU/US Privacy Shield.
Without your permission we will never share your data with countries or parties than described in this statement.
A cookie is a small text document being sent from a website's server to the browser. The browser stores this document on your device. Your device gets a unique identifier which enables our Website to recognize your device and account in a later stage.
By storing cookies we will also ensure that:
- you will stay logged in and can make bookings in a hassle free way
- you will make bookings in a secure way
- the website's speed is optimized
- we can detect bugs and inconveniences on the Website
- we can test improvements
You can always deactive or delete cookies through the browser settings. Cookies will then not be stored again when visiting our Website. Bear in mind that without cookies our Website might perform in a less optimized way.
The data and information that we collect are personal. You therefore have the following rights:
- You may ask to have insight in your data;
- You may ask us to correct, limit or delete your data. In case of fraud, non-payment or other harmful behaviour, we may store data in a register meant for this purpose ('blacklist');
- You may ask us for a copy of your data. We can make this copy - on your request - make available for a third party, so you won't have to do so;
- You may object to the processing of your data;
- You may file a complaint with the Authority of Personal Data ("Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens"), if you think your data is being malused;
- You may retract your permission to process your data at any given moment. From that moment we may not process any of your data any longer.
3029 AK Rotterdam
Chamber of Commerce no.: 67960723
hello [at] gearbooker.com
Official for data protection
email: hello [at] gearbooker.com